Thursday September 30th
8:00 am – 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Cost: $25 per session
Engage, Empower, Enjoy: Professional Development Techniques for Adult Audiences
Engage, empower and enjoy! Attend this highly interactive session to discover ways to boost your confidence, add to your presentation tool-kit, engage your entire audience and HAVE FUN AT THE SAME TIME!
Part I: 8:00 – 12:00
Exploring the FUN-damentals
In the morning participants will:
- Experience CORE activities (closers, openers, revisiters, energizers)
which can be adapted to any content.
- Explore the components of the Learner/Centered Model of adult learning.
- Create a facilitative climate to diffuse challenging behavior.
- Write SMART goals.
Part 2: 1:00 – 5:00
Beyond the Basics
In the afternoon participants will:
- Create a list of 18 Entertaining Engagers.
- Examine ways to use PowerPoint and handouts effectively.
- Explore different questioning techniques.
- Analyze management strategies.
Bonus: Walk away with effective skills you can immediately apply to your next program.
About Adrianne Roggenbuck
As a dynamic, memorable and inspirational trainer, Adrianne has presented at local, state, national, and international conferences. She has designed, developed and delivered workshops for Literacy Centers, Standards Alignment, Motivating Reluctant Learners, Creative Teaching Strategies, and Presentation Skills. Adrianne earned a Bachelor of Science in Education from Northern Illinois University and a Masters of Adult Education from National Louis University. She also earned a graduate designation from the National Staff Development Council Academy. Prior to becoming a trainer she had nineteen years of classroom experience, including K and pre-K. Currently she is a Master Trainer for the Bob Group and a partner in Delta Educational Training & Consulting.